How to reduce mobile data usage on iPhone or iPad for Facebook and Twitter users
How to disable autoplay videos in the Facebook app when on a cellular network
- Launch the Facebook app from your iPhone or iPad’s Home screen.
- Tap on More in the Tab bar at the bottom.
- Then scroll down and tap on Settings.
- Followed by Account Settings from the popup menu.
- Tap Videos and Photos.
- Tap Autoplay.
- Here either tap on On Wi-Fi Connections Only if you want the autoplay feature to work only when you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network or tap Never Autoplay videos if you want to disable the feature completely.
You can disable the autoplay feature in the Twitter app as well when you’re on the cellular network.
How to disable auto-play videos in the Twitter app when on a cellular network
- Launch the Twitter app.
- Tap on the Me tab in the tab bar at the bottom.
- Tap on the gear icon next to your profile pic.
- Tap on Settings from the pop-up menu.
- Tap Video autoplay.
- And select Use Wi-Fi only if you want the autoplay feature to work only when you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network or tap Never play videos automatically if you want to disable the feature completely.
I hope this helps you in reducing the data usage on your iPhone or cellular iPad, especially if you’re a heavy Facebook and/or Twitter user.
Let me know if there has been a reduction in data usage after disabling autoplay videos.
No posts found!